Sunday, November 9, 2014

Aventuras!

We have had an adventurous second week here at SIS. I got used to working with my P6 class on my own in Maths. I taught about percentages this whole week. I was able to set up a mini store to have the students practice using percentages with sales, I set up a Google form for the students to practice on, and I found an activity where the students could write their initials and find the percentages! So many fun things to do this week! The students had a blast and expressed their ideas about other activities to try coming up. I am so glad that I am able to start building such positive experiences already during my time here!

Emilie and McKenna worked with P2 on solving a maze using directions as well as take-away problems. The students are starting a new unit on Beliefs and Traditions in this next week. Everyone is very excited to learn more about different cultures. Lars continued teaching 2 periods of English. He will be working with one class on a Sci-Fi unit.

We were able to explore some more of Estepona and have found our way around the city a number of times. We saw some murals painted throughout town and even found gluten free options at a different grocery store! We thoroughly enjoyed having time to explore and see the city when everyone is out and about.

Michele arrived this weekend! We were able to travel with her to go see Gibraltar! We took a taxi tour and wandered through caves and tunnels and we made many friends among the local monkeys. It was a fun time to catch up and chat over some cuisine from many different cultures. It was a beautiful day with the sun shining the whole trip.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you got to see Gibralter!! A money jumped on my back the last time I was there . .. . not fun!

    ReplyDelete